[HAIFUX LECTURE] The story of Alice and Bob - the I/O requests (part III) by Guy Keren

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Sun Apr 10 14:34:26 IDT 2011

On Monday, April 11th (TOMORROW), at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear
Guy Keren talk about

The story of Alice and Bob - the I/O requests (part III and last)

Abstract

In this story, we'll follow the life story of alice - a file-systemized
I/O request, and bob - a raw-device I/O request, from their birth, until
they reach heaven (the disk or the USB camera or...). In addition, we
will cover some system parameters that affect I/O requests, the buffer
cache, disk I/O schedulers and tools used to track and count I/O
(including - why is process-based I/O accounting so tricky).

Slides are available for view and download at
http://haifux.org/lectures/254/

================================

We meet in Taub (CS Faculty) building, room 6. For instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

================================

Future Haifux talks include:

2/5/2011 vIOMMU: Efficient IOMMU Emulation by Nadav Amit
30/5/2011 How to Spread Knowledge Throughout the World While Wearing
Only Your Slippers by Tomer Ashur.
13/6/2011 SSD fundamentals by Amit Berman

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be
interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il