[HAIFUX LECTURE] Towards One-Class Pattern Recognition in Brain Activity via Neural Networks

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Sun Apr 11 12:39:58 IDT 2010

On Monday, April 12th (TOMORROW) at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear
Omer Boehm  talk about

         Towards One-Class Pattern Recognition in Brain Activity via
Neural Networks

Abstract

I would like to present the work done regarding how one-class
recognition of cognitive brain functions across multiple subjects can be
performed at the 90% level of accuracy via an appropriate choices of
features which can be chosen automatically. This work extends one class
work done by Larry Manevitz (Haifa University) and David Hardoon (UCL)
who showed that such classification was first shown to be possible in
principle albeit with an accuracy of about 60%. It also is comparable to
work of various groups around the world e.g. Michell et al which have
concentrated on two-class classification. The importance of this work is
that one class is often the appropriate classification setting for
identifying cognitive brain functions. The methodologies for one class
classification used in this paper are the compression neural network for
one class classification, a wrapper approach and the genetic algorithm
for feature selection. In addition, versions of one-class SVM due to
were investigated.

We meet in Taub (CS Faculty) building, room 6. For instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future Haifux events include:

26/04/10 Making the Internet Accessible: Workshop hosted by Orr Dunkelman
07/06/10 The Ben Yehuda Project Software

(The gap between the lectures is intended for YOU to lecture about
something interesting!)

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be
interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

Web: http://www.billauer.co.il